As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, May 04, 2018

Bitter and Sweet News... Friday, May 4

May 13th fight, opponent canceled.
May 22nd fight, canceled because they can't find a sponsor.
May 28th fight, Japanese fighter but the weight is too low.
...possible June fight... maybe?!
July 7th fight, weight too high and last year this same opponent canceled our fight.

This is what I woke up to, news of this reality.

I've been trying to get a hold of my matchmaker for the past week and he's been totally dodging me.  I hate when people do that.  I hate it even more when people who complain about others doing it then go and do it themselves, as in totally the case with this one right here.  

Well, I've got news for him.

Yesterday who should come walking in during my sparring session but a fellow pro fighter friend of mine and who should he have by his side but his matchmaker.  My friend told him my situation as I sparred, after I sparred I then chatted with him, and then today who should add me as a friend on Facebook... he did.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be working with this new matchmaker.

Today my coach and I discussed this over lunch -- we had lunch together.

In a restaurant that looked like it was being ran out of someone's house, back behind the boxing club, we enjoyed some Thai food -- Coach Adamson, Coach Mercelo and his girlfriend, and me.  

No comments: