As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I Thought Some Thoughts... Wednesday, May 16

Two things I did today that at initial thought I thought they were great ideas but then, upon going through with them, I realized they weren't.

Thought #1:  Eating a sugary pastry and then ice candy.

I had left my condo just short of 10am.  I had a client to train at 11am and then was expecting to box right after.  Well, the client showed up a bit late, I ran into someone after coaching, I started boxing late, and then I sat and talked to some of the coaches before leaving.  I had breakfast at 8:30am but with the dragged out day, I arrived home much later than expected.  I arrived home around 4:30pm.  No midday snack, no lunch and not even so much as a protein shake to hold me over.  So when Coach Adamson offered me a pastry, I jumped on it like it was the last piece of edible food I'd ever get.  It was super sugary but I was starving.  I was still hungry though but had no money on me beyond the loose change in my bag.  I ended up buying an ice candy on the route home.  Later this evening my tummy started to groan a bit.  I knew I had eaten way too much sugar for my liking and my tummy was hating me right then and there.

Thought #2:  Taking the stairs after doing legs at weight training.

I trained legs hard but, well, you know how it is.  You kill a workout and that only emphasises and heightens those already ready-to-burst feel good endorphins.  I was on a workout high like non other and so I decided to put them to good use and stretch them out over numerous flights of stairs.  My condo gym is on the second floor, I live just short of the penthouse floor, so there's a solid 35+ flights of stairs.  At one point I seriously questioned what I was doing, pushing myself so hard after already pushing it on legs, inhaling all that nasty stale air in the stairwell, and going so hardcore.  I tried to distract myself by turning on my cellphone music and continuing on.  Arrived on my floor completely soaked in sweat.  So much so, actually, that I slipped and almost fell down a few stairs.  Like I needed more stairs to tackle, like seriously.  I may or may not be able to walk tomorrow.

No comments: