As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 09, 2018

Rained In... Saturday, June 9

Mother Nature was having an absolute hissy fit today; raining all day and totally not giving in to all us here in the Philippines wishing she'd stop.  Massive flooding in various places in the country and the crazy excessive rain has cleared the streets.  No one wants to go out in it, me included.

The more rain that comes down, the higher the Grab prices go up, and what is usually only 80Php to get to my boxing club, skyrocketed to 200Php when I tried to schedule one.  Forget that.  I can't afford Grab but I can't afford to get all my gear wet in the walk over.

No boxing for me today.

Stayed home and worked on Empowered.

In July, I'll be starting my BoxHIIT Sweat Sesh here in BGC and one in Poblacion.

In August, I'll be starting a small team training group at a condo here in BGC and I'll be launching an outreach program too, also in BGC.  

No comments: