As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Re-Routing Empowered... Sunday, June 10

Sitting in an entrepreneur event today, I realized something. 

I want to take a more humanitarian approach to my business, stir it away from the clientele and direction it's going toward because I quite honestly, beyond those who want to learn boxing, lose weight and workout, have no real connection to my clientele on a social level.  I can't plan social events for them that take these social butterflies to trendy places because that's totally not me.

I am a "cowboy", as I've been referred to on several occasions here.

I am a rough and tough athlete, a girl on the go who rolls with the punches, figuratively and literally, and that is all about sharing her love for boxing, fitness and health, but is also all about giving back and paying it forward.

Sorry to the fortunate here but unfortunately for them Empowered is not all about them anymore.  It's about the less fortunate.  That's where I feel best suited and most alive.  I love coaching, I really do, but when I paired that up with those underprivileged girls at that safe home, I was so incredibly, with-out-a-doubt, busting-at-the-seems with happiness.  

I want a job that utilises my skills and passions but also makes me feel alive.  

I want a career where my presence is just as felt as my absence.  

No comments: