As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Today's People Blessings... Tuesday, June 19

Every day I count my blessings and today much of my blessings were people:

1. Coach Marcelo
For working me hard on padwork while Coach Adamson is away. I love that straight to the body.

2. Terrance
For snapping some action shots of me while I was boxing, much appreciated.

3. Michael 
For buying Empowered Slay handwraps off me even though it wasn’t the final product. I loved your enthusiasim over them and appreciate your continual support.

4. Don
For letting me use your business' gorgeous rooftop patio for my Empowered BoxHIIT Camp training and for being real, honest and really honestly supportive.

5. Ralph
For most randomly running into you after my business meeting and you giving me a sweet hug and instant shout-outs and support about me and my business to your friends.

6. Elka
For randomly being introduced to you on the side of the street and your interest in interviewing me regarding my boxing and Empowered. Even if nothing becomes of it, I’m flattered you’re intrigued. 

7. My Condo Security Guard
For going out of your way to pet Balboa; I thought that was really sweet.

8. Bre
For your inspiring video you posted online and for responding to me with an encouraging private message. I use to teach you boxing in Korea and now you’re teaching me more about my “why”.

9. My Condo Front Desk Receptionist
For inquiring about wanting me to coach you. I told you I only train women and you responded with a look of disappointment and a cute little joke, I appreciated that and found it encouraging.

10. Skittles
For always checking in on me and being my family. You’ll never really understand the full worth you have in my life.

No comments: