As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 01, 2018

Happy Canada Day... Sunday, July 1

I got a jump start on my new training program -- today I weight trained.

New program:
Monday -- boxing
Tuesday -- weight training
Wednesday -- boxing
Thursday -- weight training
Friday -- boxing
Saturday -- boxing & weight training
Sunday -- day off

Technically today should have been my day off but I took yesterday off because of the KMC meeting and I didn't want to go more than one day without training.  So today I trained.  I weight trained.  

Starting tomorrow, I'll also be starting a 90 Day Challenge with Skittles because I'll be resuming my daily food delivery with Yummy Diet.  We haven't yet exactly established the rules of it but the general idea of it is to only eat the food that Yummy Diet sends us and don't go more than two days without training.  For me, the training part is easy.  My problem is not taking a day off.  But for the food, we'll have to tweek it because I only get 1500 calories a day from them but am burning way more than that.  I need more calories because the difference between my calorie expendature and calorie take-in is too much.  I now take a post workout recovery shake after boxing, something Klean Athlete hooked me up with, but that's only an additional 200 calories.  

Tomorrow we'll sort out the rules and whatnot, then I'll let you know.

No comments: