As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 01, 2018

Pains and Gains

Started the day off with giving Balboa his meds.  I have to take one of those horse-size pills, break it in half, and then basically shove it down his throat.  Balboa is such a champ though, he takes it with stride and let's me do it.  Perhaps it's because I bombard him with kisses after.
 Before breakfast had a change to touch my lips and coffee was even made, I was downstairs training.
 Sunday morning gains.

It's Canada Day, happy birthday Canada -- so I celebrated it with some maple syrup and some Canadian eats at my friend's restaurant.  The maple syrup was such a sweat surprise.  It came about after I was telling the bartender at The Refined that of the things (products) I miss in Canada, maple syrup was one of my top three.  Next thing I knew it he was pulling a bottle out from behind the bar.  I went home and there it was.  He had put it in my bag as a gift.

No comments: