As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, August 16, 2018

A Full Day of Empowerment

And so it started... the first coffee of the day.
Had a meeting regarding the Lil' Sistas Project at Holy Family Home.
It's interesting how this is just down the street from where I live, my condo, but I've never ventured here.
It's a side of BGC that even BGC doesn't advertise about, a poorer side of town.
It's where Holy Family Home is located and it's where I'm soon to be a familiar face as I continue my work for them and with them.  I happen to like the area; it's so full of life and the food stands and all the fresh fruit they sell here for bargain prices is absolutely wonderful.
Stickers... oh no, we might have a problem.  I'm a bit of a recovering sticker-junkie!!!
Finally picked up my passport today.  Remember when I realized right before my birthday I was almost illegal here, well, I dropped off my passport, paid for my visa to be extended, but then totally forgot about picking it up again, until today that is.
Worked out in the evening, getting in a solid upper body workout that I know I'm going to feel tomorrow because, leaving the gym, I already was feeling it!

No comments: