As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 17, 2018

A Generous Proposal... Friday, August 17

Tonight I was notified that a certain gentleman that I've only met once wants to extend to me a business proposal.  He's offering me use of his commercial space in exchange for 10% of my business revenue.  I saw the floor plan of the place and it's quite massive; it's much bigger than I currently need at this moment.  It's over 600sqm and it'd be great for the next, next phase of Empowered but not this next phase I'm working on.  

Tomorrow I have a meeting with him. 

From what I know of him, he's a very wealthy man.  A man that served in the military and comes from a well-off man but he's also a man that so generously gives back to charity and does a lot for the community.  A well respected man.  I'm eager to sit down with him tomorrow though I don't think I'm so deserving of his generosity nor am I really sure on why me, why does he want to extend such generosity to me in particular.  Tomorrow I'll find out.  

No comments: