As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Today's Spaces

My morning view from where I was coaching today.  So incredibly peaceful.

I coach one of my clients by her pool and the pool looks unto a golf course and a much talked about path.  None of that matters though when I training her.  All eyes are on her and the punches she's firing out like rapid fire.  Lady can hit!
 Yet another space in the same building we're so in love with for Empowered.
 Today's studio is the biggest we've seen yet and around the corner there's a 
massive chunk of extra space that would be so perfect for what I envision for Empowered.
Anyone who says working for themselves, being an entrepreneur, is great has obviously never been one.  The hours are long and the work is nonstop.  Thankfully I have two little beautiful four-legged guys to help me through the long hours.  Thanks boys.
Cassius is still having issues being a puppy but it's so hard to get angry at him.
He pretty much lets me do anything to him so tonight that meant putting him in a makeshift sweater... that he later peed in.
 Balboa isn't so cool with always having to share me but Cassius is a lot to handle some times.
Unlike Balboa who is super chill and will sit for hours on my lap, Cassius is always trying to steal my kisses and stir up trouble.  In that sense, they really balance each other out.

No comments: