As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

After Hours Launch Party... Wednesday, November 7

Today was payday for me and so tonight we celebrated. 

Okay, so maybe it was payday but that's not why we went out... I save my money, you know me.

I've been waiting three months to get paid for my corporate boxing camp and tonight I met with those involved and picked up my pay.  I walked out of that corporate building with more money in my pocket than I've seen in a very long time and I felt so badass rich.  Of course I already have that money designated towards building Empowered and know exactly what next it's going to pay for so consider that money gone.

As for the "celebration", it wasn't because I got paid, that was pure coincidence, it was because H&M and Moschino have paired up to launch a new line and tonight they were hosting a special VIP launch party.  One of my fellow boss babe gal pals had personally invited me so that was pretty cool.  She's the one who basically picks what gets sold in H&M so she is responsible for what's in the store.  

The party was being held at the H&M store in Greenbelt, Makati, and I showed up around 10pm.

I was definitely underdressed but thought I was "cool" in that I came in H&M clothes -- a pair of jeans, a simple tank top and a blazer.  Everyone there was dressed in Moschino, clothes I simply can't afford and, honestly speaking, wouldn't spend my money on even if I had that much money.  They're pretty cool clothes, don't get me wrong, but I don't really go any place where I'd wear such hip clothes.  I'm an athlete, coach and entrepreneur, which means I basically wearing training clothes every day, all day, around the clock.

It was a 90's inspired event and what really got my attention was the wall of candy.  A lady there gave me a little plastic jar and I was told I could fill it up with whatever 90's candy I wanted.  I left the place with a packed jar of Jelly Belly candies and gummy worms.  I also left the event with a phone case teddy, I kid you not.  There's an actual phone case connected onto the back of this super adorable teddy bear.  It's much too small for my phone and I don't understand why anyone would ever want a full sized teddy bear attached to your phone, but I told Skittles that if I could find a phone case my phone's size to replace it with, I'm going to definitely use it even if it's just for a good giggle.

No comments: