As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Work and Making More Work... Tuesday, November 6

Bold, beautiful, badass boss babes... that pretty much sums up my clientele. 

I don't coach the young girls, I coach the career women who have it all -- the career, the husband, the kids, the home sweet home, and the confidence to continue to fight for what they want.  And what they want are stronger, healthier bodies but they don't have the extra time so they've hired me to come in, put them through an intense one hour workout, and get them results. 

A year ago today I told people I don't like personal training.  It's too intense and not fun for me but upon agreeing to take on personal training clients, my reality of it has been quite different.  Yes, it's intense, my ladies train damn hard, but it's also a lot of fun.  I coach a crew of really solid women who I love picking their brains about and bouncing ideas around with.  They all have such admirable traits and the fact that they're all hardworking career women is what really interests me about them.  They all have good heads on their shoulders, they know what they want in life and they know who they are.  They are power women.  

I find my small group training and BoxHIIT Camps always attract a younger clientele, one that is still dabbling in jobs and hasn't yet found a passionate career or whatnot.  Things stay pretty light when coaching them and a lot of our chat is about clean eating and general points on what it means to live a healthy lifestyle.  My conversations with my PT clients however is on a very different level.  Whether it's talking about relationships or legal advice about divorce and business, our casual chats sometime get serious and in depth.  I like it.

Today I only had two clients to train and then it was working on admin stuff for the Lil' Sista Project and design and technical stuff for Empowered.  By the time 7pm came around my head was mentally fried feeling.  I had been up since 5:30am and out of the house by 6:30am for coaching. 

Was treated to a movie out tonight, a 10pm showing of that Queen movie.  I'm not a fan of Queen, rock n' roll or movie theatres in the Philippines for that matter but I needed to disconnect and just take a mental break.  Returned home shortly after midnight and thought it a "great" idea to most randomly dye my hair with a box of store-boughten hair dye.  Of course that meant I had to stay up even later as I waited for the dye to do it's job.  Not too sure it did it's job though, unless you count making my hair a shade of orange it's job.  Tomorrow I'll have to figure out how to fix it, great.  More things to do.

No comments: