As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Building a Crew of Fierce Females

An early start to my morning with my soon-to-be-yummy-mommy client.
She's a full time mom, full time sweetie, and I'm training her hard to be a full time badass babe.
Unto my next client of the day, my boss babe client who redefines age and always is up for pushing herself that extra mile.  I love that about her.  Nothing is too hard for her.
As for me, Coach Marcelo trained me extra hard today and this was a moment caught on tape.
I was video taping my padwork with him when the round finished and, in pure 
exhaustion, knelt down to catch my breath.  Rough... wow.
It's funny because no matter how exhausted you are after training, there always seems to be some mysterious extra wind that evolves when you surround yourself with positive, fun people.
Later in the evening, way after my boxing and much after my functional training evening workout, I ran into one of my Lil' Sistas at the mall.  This week I'm surprising them with all their boxing gear and they're going to go completely bonkers.  Bonkers, I tell ya!!!

No comments: