As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Exercising Hard and Exercising the Pause

Practicing the pause -- taking a break in between running around coaching all my clients, getting in my boxing and then packing my day with meetings and Lil' Sistas stuff to do.
I consider myself pretty blessed to be coaching a lot of fierce females who are quite the amazingly strong women in their many ways.  Many people here in the Philippines are quite aware of who this client is of mine and that's awesome but I know her as my green fighter smiling away through the combos and footwork drills.
 Today I just wasn't feeling it at training.  I was struggling to disconnect from some work stuff I'm trying to set up and connect to the training I was there for.  
Popped back home to shower, eat and then leave again but not before I spent some time walking Balboa and Cassius and practicing the pause again to smell my flowers.  

No comments: