As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 10, 2019

A Day Off People... Sunday, March 10

I took the day off today... well, it was more like a day off people that is.

I slept in till my body wanted to wake up, which was apparently 11:30am.
I didn't go to rugby and I canceled hitting the gym for weight training.
I did however go to church in the afternoon.

Some days I just need a break from everyone and I think that's what I needed today.  Because although I did do a lot of computer work with client files and dealing with my suppliers, my interaction with people was at an all-time low.  I only saw people at church and then briefly at The Refined, where I went to work on some upcoming stuff for Empowered.

Originally I was suppose to be in Baguio this week, for the filming of a Vlog with Teddy Sage, but with their host being sick and me having changed my coaching schedule for it, it meant this weekend I didn't have many to train.  It also meant today I had no one to train and no one tomorrow to train. 

My weekly goals for this week:

  1. Launch the new hand wraps by Slay for Empowered.
  2. Design, organize and finalize the new fundraiser item for the Lil' Sistas Project.
  3. House-hunt and visit at least one place.
  4. Freedom Day posts for the Voice of the Free.
  5. Finish and confirm my fighters' ring names.
  6. Film, edit and post my next vlog.
  7. Create the packagings for the new handwraps and post ads.
  8. Add Lil' Sistas "extras" to the Empowered website.
  9. Deal with the coaching tank tops at the seamstress and printers.
  10. Meeting regarding privacy issues for the Lil' Sistas Project.

No comments: