As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, March 11, 2019

Going in Big... Monday, March 11

Big expectations for this new week and big punches through at sparring today.  On the roller coaster of life, I was at an all time high today.  A natural high but a much deserved one after all the hustling I've been doing and the benefits of it that have been trickling into my life, nice.

I got ambitious after training today and decided to clean ALL my boxing gear, rearrange it AND organize it.  Like I honestly have nothing better in my life to do, seriously.  With my ever-so-growing list of things to do on the daily, it was kind of silly of me to be so ambitious and take on what I did.  I even went so far as to go to the store and buy some more containers. 

I officially have a wall in my studio apartment that is solely plastic containers filled with boxing gloves and hand wraps.  But wait there's more.  I also have resistance bands, medicine balls, dumbbells, a harness, cones, pilons, and so much more but that's all on the balcony.

Reason 101 why I need to get the physical space for Empowered -- possibility of being crowded out of my own condo on account of the ridiculous amount of boxing and training gear.

You do know I keep ALL gloves and hand wraps for my 86 Lil' Sistas in my condo, right?!  
Ya.  Need I say more beyond that.

The plan this week is to go and see a few possible locations.  

I'm eager to get Empowered up and running but I definitely have to feel out the spaces and see which one and me click.  I remember back when I saw the space for Hulk's Boxing in Korea.  We had searched out other spaces and were fighting for them but as soon as I saw this one particular space, I just knew it.  

It was like falling in love.  It just felt so good, so right.

Laugh as you may, that space we secured for Hulk's was awesome.  I want to find that here but for Empowered -- a space that I really feel a connection and instant love for.  No ifs, ands, buts or maybes.  I want to feel it in my heart and my gut that this place matches with me.  Honestly, I thought I felt that already with two spaces here in the Philippines.  One was a warehouse and the other was a smaller space on McKinley.  I may one day go after the warehouse space again, it has what I want for my future phase I want to build Empowered up to but not right now.  As for the second spot, I loved it and I still think it would have been so perfect but, as it turns out, the Realtor got her info wrong and she wasn't suppose to show me that space in the first place.  It's for potential restaurants only.  

So now the hunt for the perfect location continues.... ahhhhhh.

No comments: