As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Ring Names... Tuesday, March 5

To add some extra fun into my coaching, I now call my clients my fighters and, being that they're fighters, I've started to make up ring names for each and every one of them.  Some of them I've really hit the nail on the head with creating a ring name that's so bang on appropriate.  

Back in Canada, when I also was training clients, I had created names for them too.

Some of their ring names included the following:
"Baby Beast" Aileen
"Give-them-Hell" Halima
"Lethal Lindsey"
"The Crossjab Cat" Cathy
Carmel "The Killer Camelion"
"Mama Punch" Deqa
"Razor Raq" Raquyyah

My Tips for making a ring name:
1.  Try using the same letter of either their first name or last name.
2.  If possible, try using part of their name, like "The Crossjab Cat" Cathy.
3.  Make the name appropriate to them as a fighter and their style of fighting.
4.  Names that play on the same first letter or sound are super catchy.

Some of the names I've come up with for my current fighters I train include the following:
"Jackhammer Jackie"
"Fists of Fury" Felis
"Hands of Steel" Saumya

No comments: