As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 27, 2019

And the Winners Are... Saturday, April 27

Earlier this week I launched a Free Food Promo with the Six Pack Chef.  They offered me a one week food delivery subscription to one of my Instagram followers and the only thing I had to do was figure out a way to pick a winner.  And that's what I did.

I posted the rules on Instagram, the Empowered Clubhouse website and Facebook pages, and then I watched in shock at just how many ladies jumped in on it and tagged their gal pals.

452 ladies tagged via 47 ladies who participated... wow!!!

Next on my to-do-list for this promo was figuring out how to do a legit and fair draw.

The solution, a prize winner draw phone app.

Great, that solved that problem but how will those involved know it's fair?! Exactly, and hence my next problem.  

My solution, download another app but this one that films my phone screen so I can show everyone what's going on and what would be going on would be me using the prize winner draw phone app to pick the winners.

There was surprisingly enough, a lot of work that went into executing this promo, not only with downloading the apps but then having to enter in all 47 participants' names, their numbers, and then of course contacting all four winners.  

Was it worth it though?  Hell yeah. 

Promo events, definitely something I'll use again for Empowered.  Not only did I get a huge response and generate a lot of extra followers for my personal Instagram page but also Empowered's page, but it was a lot of fun to see how many got competitive and chatted amongst each other on the pages.  

No comments: