As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

A "Slow Day" is Never Work-Free

There's a lot of background, behind-the-scenes and admin stuff that goes into launching your own business but adding a new home into that mix means a lot of extra work.  One of today's tasks include getting this tire up the stairs, that is after cleaning it for the millionth time... damn.
Heading out for a run, my means of procrastinating from being the new girl at the local boxing club.
I finally did it, well, kind of.  I trained as "the new girl" at the boxing club but I trained on my own. 

No comments: