As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Thanks Mama Bere... Wednesday, May 22

It's been an intense week and, to add to the intensity, it's the week of my mom's birthday.

Am definitely leaning on who she was to get me through this week and so far it's working.  I had a moment of weakness the other day but I womaned up.  I'm good.  I know I'm always good but sometimes I'm a weak good and sometimes I'm way better than good.  I always seem to balance out though. 

Sometimes you just have to give yourself a little pep talk and I am no different.

This week I launched a running club for the ladies of Acacia Estates, celebrated the new life of two little girls born to two of my Lil' Sistas, and fought back against a group of bullies.  Am also having to battle it out with the silly Internet company, some difficult deliveries from some equally difficult companies, and then of course a million and one ways I have to stretch my limited funds amongst the million and one expenses evolving from this clubhouse.

And then there's a random homeless chicken hanging around my house.  If you've watched my Instagram stories (DeadAimAmy), you know exactly what I'm talking about here.   I swear, if my girl Rousey (my new Frenchie) kicks down that already cracked window because of that chicken agitating her, I'm going to cook that chicken.  

No comments: