As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Always Building it Up and Making it Bold

And the heroes of the day, these two masterminds behind the success of my new shelf!!!
Okay, so maybe these two are heroes too, in their own right, keeping me company on these long days as I work from the clubhouse... from home... and continue building it and picking my own brain.
Had a moment today when I looked back at the boxing studio and saw it for the badass awesomeness that it's turning into.  This is going to be the first and only in the Philippines and I made it.
My heavy bags aren't up yet, nor is the speed bag and double end bag.  My tire isn't here, nor is my battle rope, but the rain is here.  Thanks Mother Nature.  No excuses though, I have a place to train on the daily so tonight, when Mother Nature poured down on the clubhouse, I trained

No comments: