As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 11, 2019

And Then One More... Saturday, May 11

A little one got added to my family today though I don't think "little" quite does her justice.

Rousey the Badass Butcher, a French Bulldog, joined my family and she's super cool though I'm still trying to feel her out.  It was a hassle and a half trying to put her harness on so I decided just to walk her outside leash-free.  Turns out she is quite obedient and walks well beside me.  Only one problem though, she has this angerness towards wheels... scooters, cars, strollers... anything with a wheel and she'll growl and even go so far as to run up to it.  She chased this teenager on a bike today.  He stopped and let her approach it but she acted as if she was going to kick that bike's butt.  It's hilarious to see but it's something that I'll have to nip in the butt.

I think originally she was an outdoor dog, so she had a couple of accidents in the house.  But she picks up things pretty quickly, she's a quick learner, so I think it'll only take her a couple of days to teach her to pee outside.  Another thing I'm working on teaching her is to only drink and eat from her bowls.  All the dogs have their section of the kitchen where their bowls are so now she has hers.

Because of Rousey though, the addition of a new dog, they all sleep in the former maid's room.  I can't have three dogs in my bed and I can't deal with Balboa spraying my bed frame because of him being extra territorial.  I'll miss waking up to their adorable faces and having Cassius wake me up with his kisses, but I also need to sleep and I also need to not have to clean up after them every morning. 

Tonight was my first night in my bed with out them.  I thought I'd be excited about it but, honestly, it felt kind of sad.


No comments: